The richly traditional Kennedy chest offers the warmth and elegance everyone desires for a bedroom. Finished in exquisite cherry and augmented with gorgeous antique hardware, this piece is sure to enrich any space. Complete your room with the entire Kennedy Collection.
- Key Features
- - Rich traditional style in a exquisite cherry finish.
- - Gorgeous antique finished hardware.
- Chest: 35"W x 17"D x 51"H.
- Materials & Construction
- Wood Type: Solid Wood Frame with Veneers and MDF;
- Different types of wood, including solid pine, are used to achieve maximum structural stability. Wood veneers varnish the furniture with desirable wood texture and durability. Medium Density Fibreboard is a strong material that is excellent for finishing and staining; it is knot-free and as a result is more stable and long-lasting.
- Finish Type: Yengr Veneers and NC Lacquer;
The use of veneers often achieves unique, interesting patterns and designs otherwise unable to mimic when using solid woods. Yengr veneers create an interesting and attractive top design for this furniture group. A quick drying lacquer allows for multiple finishing steps in short time frame; multiple finishing steps give depth and life to the color. A lacquer finish also makes the furnishing piece more durable and water-resistant.
- Finish Colour: Cherry;
This gorgeous finish adds depth and texture to the wood character; allows for a wide range of matching possibilities with interior paint, floors and other furniture.
- Hardware: Antique;
Antique finished pulls enrich the traditional style of this furniture group.
- Drawer Construction: Dovetails and Kenlin Metal Glides;
Both English and French Dovetails are used to ensure a sturdy drawer construction. Dovetailing is a joint technique commonly used to join the sides of a drawer to the front. Tightly fitting dovetails resist twisting forces and control the lumber's tendency to warp. French and English dovetailing construct a very strong locking joint, often found in special applications like curved drawer fronts and is evidence of heirloom quality furniture. All drawers feature Kenlin metal glides to ensure that the drawers function properly and smoothly.
- General Construction: Finger Joint Construction (T & G) and KD Construction;
Finger Joints, or Tongue and Groove Construction, refer to a kind of joint in which a tongue or tenon on one board fits exactly into a groove in another, providing a secure and smooth joint. Knock-Down refers to furniture taken to pieces and stacked flat to save space when shipping to the consumer; allows for easy shipping at a lower cost and provides lower risk of damage.