The Brentwood Collection offers the perfect balance of modernity and warmth! The bold, contemporary, custom chrome hardware looks striking against the rich and lustrous mocha finish, and the gorgeous quilted faux leather headboard adds that extra touch of style to this set. Constructed from poplar wood, the Brentwood was built to last! This package includes a king bed, dresser, and mirror.
- Key Features
- - This set offers the perfect balance of modernity and warmth.
- - Quilted faux leather upholstered headboard.
- - Constructed using poplar wood.
- - Cherry and primavera veneers.
- - Bold contemporary custom chrome hardware.
- Headboard: 81"W x 7.5"D x 52"H.
- Footboard: 81"W x 1.5"D x 15"H.
- Rails: 86.8"W x 1.5"D x 13"H.
- Dresser: 66"W x 19"D x 38"H.
- Mirror: 38"W x 1.5"D x 44"H.
- Materials and Construction
- Wood Type: Poplar Wood
Poplar is a strong, durable wood that seasons well and resists warping once it is completely dried. Poplar has a uniform texture, and is a light to medium weight that is very strong and stable. It has a straight grain with an even texture producing a smooth look and feel.
- Finish Type: Cherry and Primavera Veneers
Veneers are created using a thin layer of wood to provide a desirable wood texture and finish. Veneers won’t warp, crack, or split over time. Cherry veneers have a very smooth grain and a rich, reddish-brown colour. Primavera is a tropical wood from Central America that has a texture very similar to mahogany, but is a blond colour.
- Finish Colour: Mocha
This mocha finish adds a lustrous sheen to this set and complements many existing home décors.
- Fabric Type: Quilted Faux Leather
Faux leather has a genuine leather feel that is easy to care for and maintain. It is resistant to light, meaning it will maintain the same look for years without fading.
- Hardware: Custom Chrome Hardware
This bold contemporary hardware looks striking against the warm mocha finish.
- Drawer Construction: French and English Dovetail
Dovetailing is a joint technique commonly used to join the sides of a drawer to the front. Tightly fitting dovetails resist twisting forces and control the lumber's tendency to warp. French and English dovetailing are very strong locking joints, often found in special applications like curved drawer fronts and is evidence of quality furniture.
- General Construction: Kiln-Dried, Corner-Blocked
Kilns are large ovens in which wood is dried or cured through carefully controlled heat and humidity. Kiln drying removes about 93% of the moisture from wood. Wood that has been kiln dried resists warping, splitting and cracking. In the frames of high stress points for case goods, an extra block of wood is often added to joints in order to give additional support. This is known as “corner-blocked"; this technique is used on excellent quality furniture.