Nov 16th, 2020
ebrick ™ Member Contest – Sign Up And Win! (the “Contest”)
January 1 – December 31, 2021 (“Contest Dates”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (the “Rules”)
This contest shall be conducted by The Brick Warehouse LP ("The Brick"), through its www.thebrick.com website. You may enter the Contest from any computer with an internet connection, including computers at all Brick store locations across Canada.
1. How to Enter:
- No purchase is necessary in order to participate in this contest.
- To be eligible to win, each participant must subscribe to become an ebrick™ Member during the Contest Timeframe as (“new ebrick™ Member”). Once subscribed, their email address will be automatically entered into the draw for that calendar month.
- The Contest will run from 12:00 AM (EST) on January 1, 2021 until 11:59:59 PM (EST) on December 31, 2021 (“Contest Timeframe”).
- Subject to compliance with the other Rules and conditions of the Contest, new ebrick Members will only be eligible to win a prize during the month they subscribed. New ebrick Members must also REMAIN an ebrick Member during the Contest Timeframe.
- NOTE: A subscription must be made by you using your valid email account. Subscriptions made by any other individual or entity will be declared invalid. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. Any attempt to manipulate the Contest, including the set up and use of multiple email addresses, will result in you being disqualified.
- Each draw shall be conducted on the first business day of the month (“Draw Date”) at 3:00 PM (EST) to obtain a winner from the prior month’s new ebrick Member subscribers.
- Odds of winning a prize depend on the outcome of a random computer draw whereby one new ebrick™ Member will be selected from the total number of new ebrick™ Members who have subscribed during that particular calendar month during the Contest Timeframe.
2. Who Can Enter:
- The Contest is open to all residents of Canada, including Quebec, who have reached the age of majority on or before the Draw Date except employees of The Brick Warehouse LP, FKA (a third party vendor) and their immediate family members living in the same household.
- You agree to abide by the Contest Rules as set out herein, subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- It is a condition of eligibility that the winner authorizes The Brick to announce and publish his/her name, address and photograph, without remuneration or consideration, in any forthcoming publicity.
3. Monthly Prize:
- $250.00 Brick gift card each month ($3,000.00 to be won during the Contest Timeframe).
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable.
4. Draw Procedures:
- On the first day of the month, a representative from The Brick’s Corporate office in Edmonton, Alberta, will use a program to extract all email addresses of the new ebrick Members that have subscribed during the prior month. An automatic draw will be generated from that list to obtain one (1) winner (“Eligible Winner”). The Brick representative will use the computer program to automatically draw an additional three (3) email addresses as back-up entries in the event the first Eligible Winner cannot be contacted, has not remained an ebrick Member, or fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, as per the Contest Rules (“Alternate Winners”).
- The Brick representative will email the Eligible Winner using the email they provided to subscribe, to notify them that their name has been chosen to win a prize. If the Eligible Winner so selected has not responded to The Brick within three (3) business days following contact (“Contact Date”), that person will be disqualified and The Brick will proceed to contact the next Alternate Winner and follow the steps outlined above.
5. Declaring Winners:
Each monthly Eligible Winner whose name has been selected on each Draw Date must:
- Within five (5) business days following the Contact Date, correctly answer a time-limited, arithmetical skill-testing question without the assistance of any person or mechanical/recording device(s). The skill-testing process shall be administered at a pre-arranged time and place;
- Execute a declaration and release form confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the Prize; and
- Should any Eligible Winner fail to answer the skill-testing question correctly or is unable to attend at the time and place designated by The Brick for the administration of same, that person will be disqualified and The Brick shall proceed to contact the next Alternate Winner, and so on until one person has been contacted and deemed eligible according to the Contest Rules.
6. ADDITIONAL TERMS:
- By participating, you agree that: a) these Official Contest Rules and The Brick’s records of the draw or any other aspect of this Contest shall be final and conclusive in all respects; and b) release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless The Brick and its trustees, directors, officers, and employees from any liability, claims, damages, demands, actions, or causes of action whatsoever which they, their heirs, successors, assigns, executors, or administrators may now or hereafter have directly or indirectly against them or any of them in respect of or relating to the Contest and/or the acceptance or use, misuse, or possession of any prize.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- The Brick assumes no responsibility or liability for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of a new ebrick Member subscription). If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of The Brick which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, The Brick reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- The Brick reserves the right to amend or vary the Official Contest Rules, including the imposition or addition of new rules which are deemed by The Brick, in its sole discretion, necessary for business efficacy.
- For a list of winners, provided such a demand is made within three (3) months following each Draw Date, please email the request to: firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the appropriate contest in the subject line “new ebrick Members Contest – 2021”.
- For Québec Residents Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- The Brick’s records of the draw or any other aspect of this Contest shall be final and conclusive for all purposes relating to this Contest.
© 2021, The Brick Warehouse LP