Brook Black Chest
- Delivery and placement in your home. Learn more about our delivery process.
- Basic assembly of your item (except items marked “Customer Assembly Required”).
- Disposal of packing material for most items.
- Free shipping to almost any store of your choice (selected in checkout).
Specialty Installation and Assembly:
- We offer professionally licensed installation and assembly services at competitive prices in many communities in Canada. Call 1-888-933-8786 to check if these services are available in your area.
Product OverviewThis modern-classic chest is constructed of solid pine and poplar wood and finished with a beautiful black lacquer. Featuring antique coffee finished hardware and attractive bun feet, this furniture piece offers an original look that will complement many bedroom décors. This chest provides five spacious drawers for those who require extra storage. This chest is a lovely lone furniture piece or a perfect accompaniment to the entire Brook Collection.
- Key Features
- - Sleek finish and adds elegance to any room.
- - Solid wood framing ensures stability.
- - Offers an abundance of storage space.
- - Dust proofing on every level; attractive, classic bun feet.
- - Dark coffee antique hardware offers a unique look.
- Chest: 38"W x 18"D x 53"H
- Materials & Construction
- Wood Type: Pine and Poplar Wood;
Pine is a relatively light wood that has a tight grain pattern with a relatively smooth surface. Pine works well and is easily shaped with hand and power tools. The tops, aprons, surfaces, and moldings are made from solid Poplar wood. Poplar is a strong, durable wood that seasons well and it also resists warping once it is completely dried. Poplar has a uniform texture, it’s a light to medium weight hardwood that is very strong and provides stability.
- Finish Type: Black Glossy NC Lacquer (Nitrocellulose Lacquer);
Originally developed as a substitute for shellac, NC lacquer is made from cellulose derived from cotton or wood fibers that is combined with a plasticizer, a resin, and a blend of solvents and diluents. The amounts and types of these materials produce lacquers with varying degrees of flexibility, color, and resistance to water, acids, alkalis, solvents, and heat. NC lacquer has exceptional clarity, depth, and rubbing properties.
- Finish Colour: Black;
Crisp, clean and contemporary, a black finish complements many existing décors.
- Hardware: Coffee Antique Pulls and Knobs;
This bedroom set features dark, antiqued, coffee coloured pulls and knobs. Gorgeous and classy, this hardware augments this furniture group perfectly.
- Drawer Construction: Dovetailing;
Both English and French Dovetails are used to ensure a sturdy drawer construction. Dovetailing is a joint technique commonly used to join the sides of a drawer to the front. Tightly fitting dovetails resist twisting forces and control the lumber's tendency to warp. French and English dovetailing construct a very strong locking joint, often found in special applications like curved drawer fronts and is evidence of heirloom quality furniture.
- General Construction: Finger Joint Construction;
Finger Joints, or Tongue and Groove Construction, refer to a kind of joint in which a tongue or tenon on one board fits exactly into a groove in another, providing a secure and smooth joint. All case pieces feature dust proofing on every level.