Who said traditional means dull" Add an enchanting touch to your bedroom with this Carmen sleigh bed. From its smoky finish to its intricately moulded frames, this handsome piece sets a stylish tone for the rest of your room to follow. You'll especially love the dramatic headboard and footboard. Their curvaceous shapes and beaded paneling make these towering triumphs the perfect cradle for a good night's sleep.
- Bring a fashionable feeling to your bedroom with this traditional style.
- Enjoy the whimsical mood of the sleigh-shaped and curvaceous bed frame.
- Beaded paneling along the headboard and footboard adds further visual intrigue.
- Strong and durable poplar makes for excellent furniture frames.
- Birch veneers in a smoky grey hue show subtle woodgrain details.
- Five slats and 10 additional support legs offer extra backing for your mattress set.
- This bed frame fits a standard king-size mattress and boxspring (required).
Dust the wood finish with a soft, clean cloth as needed. Strong chemical cleaners are not suggested, as they may damage the wood's finish.
- Total Dimensions: 81.13" W x 56.75" H x 95.25" D
- Headboard: : 81.13" W x 56.75" H x 8.13" D
- Footboard: 81.13" W x 36" H x 7.88" D
- Rails: 80" W x 11" H x 2" D
Woods: Frame: Poplar; Legs: Asian Hardwood
Used for its durability and affordability, poplar is often a component in wooden utility products like pallets and furniture frames. However, poplar's uniform texture and even grain creates a smooth look and feel for decorative use. Meanwhile, the dense grain of Asian hardwood makes it stable and strong, and the naturally light undertone accurately holds the intended stain colour.
Finish Type: Birch Veneers
By gluing a thin layer of beautiful wood grain onto quality construction materials, veneers provide a striking texture and finish to furniture. Veneers won’t warp, crack or split over time, which keeps your products looking as good as the day you bought them. Birch wood is fine-grained and pale in colour, and can be polished to an attractive satin-like sheen.
Finish Colour: Grey
A neutral tone that feels appropriate for every season, this soft colour will add a dignified impression to your bedroom.
General Construction: Tongue and Groove Joints and Corner-Blocking
Finger joints, also known as tongue and groove joints, are used in furniture construction for a robust bond. The tongue on one board is shaped to fit precisely into the groove on another board, securing the furniture piece together. An extra block of wood is added to each corner of the furniture’s frame for additional support. Known as corner-blocking, this technique helps to brace your furniture for enduring stability.