Start building a bedroom you'll love for the long haul with this Forge king bed. Rustic detailing highlights the solid wooden frame, a style that stands out even more when paired with the faux-metal banding that lines the base of the footboard. And about that frame – the slotted headboard and footboard allow for enticing light effects, while also displaying the gorgeous character of the acacia veneers. Enjoy this bed on its own, or surround it with other pieces from the Forge Collection (sold separately) for the complete package.
- Rustic depth and industrial attitude exude from this very untraditional design.
- Planked headboard and footboard panels make for a gorgeous showcase at the centre of your room.
- Asian hardwood and acacia veneers combine for a fabulous wood frame.
- The neutral shades of the wood frame make it easy to find great looking linens.
- Five slats and 10 support legs ensure even backing beneath the bed frame.
- This bed fits a standard king-size mattress and boxspring (required).
Dust the wood finish with a soft, clean cloth as needed. Strong chemical cleaners are not suggested, as they may damage the wood's finish.
- Total Dimensions: 83" W x 58" H x 82" D
- Headboard: 83.13" W x 57.25" H x 3.88" D
- Footboard: 79.75" W x 23.5" H x 3.88" D
- Rails: 82" W x 9.13" H x 1.5" D
Wood: Asian Hardwood
Asian hardwood, also known as parawood or rubberwood, is one of the most durable and eco-friendly woods in the furniture market today. Once the tree's latex sap is collected for other industries, Asian hardwood is recycled into home furnishings. The dense grain makes it stable and strong, and the naturally light undertone accurately holds the intended stain colour.
Finish Type: Acacia Veneers
By gluing a thin layer of beautiful wood grain onto quality construction materials, veneers provide a striking texture and finish to furniture. Veneers won’t warp, crack or split over time, which keeps your products looking as good as the day you bought them. Acacia wood is used in furniture construction due to the strength in its dense grain and uniform texture. Grown around the world, acacia often features contrasting bands or streaks of colour to give each piece a unique look.
Finish Colour: Rustic Brown
This rich shade of brown is the perfect match for the timber look, showcasing the lovely woodgrain details of the acacia veneers.
Faux Metal Banding: Painted Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF)
MDF is an extremely strong and versatile material, much stronger than particleboard. It is man-made using heat and pressure to fuse small wood fibres together with various resins. This creates a durable, long-lasting and inexpensive product used in everything from cabinetry to furniture construction.