Widely compatible, aligned with new technology, rich and nuanced sound – these are the benchmarks for today's home audio. The new HT-Z9F audio system from Sony puts all of these features on perfect display. Beyond receiving 4K signals and rechanneling them into 400 watts of immersive audio, this powerful audio set is designed to integrate into your home entertainment setup. Use it with Google Home, Chromecast or Bluetooth® and take your next movie night to the next level.
Width: 39.4" (100.1 cm)Height: 2.6" (6.6 cm)Depth: 3.9" (9.9 cm)
- Virtual Surround Sound
- Audio Upscaling
- Five Sound Modes
- Music Center
- Chromecast Built-in
Virtual Surround Sound
Vertical Surround Engine, Sony's latest surround technology, lets you enjoy the thrill of Dolby® Atmos without ceiling-facing speakers. No matter what type of room you’re in, its two front speakers reproduce “vertical" audio, creating virtual surround sound that seems to come from all around you.
Now you can enjoy everything you watch in maximum 7.1.2ch. Sony's advanced digital signal processing converts any audio to immersive surround with just the click of a button on the remote.
Five Sound Modes
Five different sound modes enhance your entertainment experience. Go deeper into the movies with Cinema mode, and experience more action from your game play thanks to Game studio mode created by PlayStation® developers. Sports mode fine tunes ambient crowd noise so you can feel the pitch-side action, while Music mode lets you hear the detail in every song. Finally, News mode is designed for clear dialogue.
Use the Sony | Music Centre App to group selected Sony soundbars and speakers together, then stream music in multiple rooms.
Stream music, online radio and podcasts from your smartphone, tablet or laptop to your audio device. Just tap the Cast button.
Full Features and Specifications
- Soundbar Size: 39.38" W x 2.63" H x 4" D
- Soundbar Weight: 6.8 lb.
- Subwoofer Size: 7.5" W x 15.13" H x 15.25" D
- Subwoofer Weight: 17.9 lb.
- Amplifier Type: S-Master HX
- Power Output (Total): 400 W
- Subwoofer Type: Wireless
- Input and Output Terminals: HDMI (ARC), Optical-audio input, Analog in (stereo mini), USB type A, Ethernet
- IEEE802.11 Version: 11a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz/5 GHz)
- Bluetooth: RX (Receiver) / TX (Transmitter)
- Bluetooth Version: 4.2
- NFC: No
- HDCP2.2: Yes
- Number of Input/Output: 2 / 1 (ARC)
- 4K/60P/YUV4:4:4 : Yes
- HDR: Yes
- Dolby Vision™ Compatible: Yes
- HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma): Yes
- HDCP2.2: Yes
- BRAVIA Sync: Yes
- HDMI CEC: Yes
- HDMI Input: Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Atmos, Dolby® Dual mono, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-ES,DTS 96/24, DTS:X,LPCM (2ch / 5.1ch / 7.1ch), DSD (2ch / 5.1ch)
- USB: DSD(.dsf / .diff), Wav, Flac, Alac (.m4a only), AIFF, HE AAC, AAC, mp3, Monkey Audio, WMA, Ogg Vorbis
- Optical Input: Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Dual mono, DTS, LPCM 2ch
- Bluetooth Receiver: SBC, AAC, LDAC
- Bluetooth (Transmitter): SBS, LDAC
- Sound Mode: Auto Sound, Cinema, Music, Game Studio, News, Sports, Standard
- Virtual Surround Technology: S-Force PRO / Vertical Surround Engine
- Sound Effect: Night Mode, Voice Mode
- Speaker Structure: 3.1 ch
- Bar Speaker: 1
- Subwoofer: 1
- Wireless Surround: No
- TV Wireless Connection: Yes
- Wireless Surround (with Optional Wireless Speakers): Yes
- Wireless Multi-Room: Yes
- Power Consumption: BAR 52 W / Subwoofer 20 W
- Wall-Mountable: Yes (with Supplied Bracket)
- Power Consumption (on Remote Start Mode): BAR 0.5 W/SW 0.5 W (Bluetooth standby off)
What's in the Box:
- Remote Control
- HDMI Cable, Wall Hanging Bracket
- Batteries for Remote Commander