The home theatre setup you've been dreaming of can finally be a reality with the RV-V485 5.1-channel AV receiver from Yamaha. Be confident you’ve properly optimized your set-up with the YPAO™ system, which automatically tunes for optimum performance based on the layout of your home theatre room. For immersive and realistic sound, CINEMA DSP 3D uses Yamaha’s sound data to reproduce the acoustics of a large concert hall for large, enveloping sound.
Width: 17.13" (43.5 cm)Height: 6.34" (16.1 cm)Depth: 12.87" (32.7 cm)
Width: 21" (53.3 cm)Height: 9.21" (23.4 cm)Depth: 15.71" (39.9 cm)
22.05 lbs (10.0 kg)
- 4K Ultra HD Full Support
- SCENE for Easy One-Touch Operation
- Easy Sound Optimization with YPAO™
- HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D
- High-quality Parts
- Multi-room Audio with MusicCast
- Free and Easy Placement
- Built-in Streaming Services
- Experience Virtual 7.1-channel Realism
4K Ultra HD Full Support
This unit supports HDMI standards thanks to the transmission of 4K video at 60 frames per second. Fully enjoy the high-definition video quality of 4K without degradation.
SCENE for Easy One-Touch Operation
Four SCENE buttons make operating the receiver easier than ever. They are initially set to default settings for BD/DVD Movie Viewing, TV Viewing, CD Listening and Radio Listening. Pressing a SCENE button turns on the power, selects the input source and assigns the optimum DSP mode for that source.
Easy Sound Optimization with YPAO™
YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) analyses the room acoustics and your system, then precisely adjusts various audio parameters to provide the best sound for your room. Simply by placing the supplied microphone at your listening position and switching YPAO on, the system is automatically tuned for optimum performance in your home theatre room.
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D
This unique Yamaha proprietary sound field creation technology was created by combining measured sound field data from famous concert halls and music clubs around the world and digitizing that vast trove of information to incorporate it into dedicated LSI devices. It effectively reproduces the spaces of those concert halls on home equipment so you can immerse yourself in the astounding realism of your movies, and enter a world of profound theater sound.
Yamaha AV receivers feature fully discrete power amplifiers to minimize distortion and adopt independent pure power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry. They also feature ultra-high performance with 384 kHz / 32-bit DACs, also with Independent power supplies, for reproducing absolutely all the audio in High Resolution sound sources without noise. A new high sound quality IC is employed for volume control and large heat sinks suppress vibration.
Free and Easy Placement
Combine this AV receiver with the MusicCast 50 or MusicCast 20 wireless streaming speaker and enjoy the amazing convenience of creating a home theater with wireless rear speakers. What’s more, you get stunningly realistic sound with a clean, clutter-free setup.
Multi-room Audio with MusicCast
MusicCast takes the headache out of multi-room audio. Simply connect all MusicCast devices to the same network and start sharing audio throughout the home. Take MusicCast for a test drive by downloading the free MusicCast app and using it demo mode.
Built-in Streaming Services
Explore a world of sound with music streaming services built-in*. It’s almost impossibly easy to listen to your faves or discover new music. *Services available vary by region, may include Napster®, Pandora®, SirusXM™, Tidal™, Deezer™ and Spotify®.
Experience Virtual 7.1-channel Realism
The Virtual Presence Speaker function delivers three-dimensional sound without the actual use of presence speakers — giving you a rich sound field virtually equivalent to 7.1-channel surround, even with a 5.1-speaker configuration.
Full Features and Specifications
Receiver (RX-V485) Specifications:
- Channel: 5.1
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 80 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 145 W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 110 / 130 / 160 / 180 W
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 115 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs: 17
- Dialog Level Adjustment: Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP: Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- File Format: MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, ALAC: up to 96 kHz / 24-bit, FLAC: up to 192 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 192 kHz / 32-bit, DSD: up to 11.2 MHz
- Step-up from RX-V385 Features: MusicCast wireless multiroom AV receiver, 80 watts per channel, Wi-Fi music streaming services, Alexa Enabled (dependant on market, needs firmware update), Zone B audio.
Receiver (RX-V485) Inputs:
- HDMI (Audio Input Assignable, HDCP2.2 compatible): 4
- Network (Ethernet / Wi-Fi): 1 / 1
- USB: 1
- Radio Antenna (AM/FM): 1 / 1
- Optical Digital: 1
- Coaxial Digital: 2
- Analogue Audio (incl. Mini Jack Input): 4
- Composite Video (Audio Input Assignable): 4
- HDMI (HDCP2.2 compatible): 1
- MONITOR OUT (Composite): 1
- Speaker: 5ch
- Subwoofer: 1
- Headphone Jack: 1
Receiver (RX-V485) Outputs: