Nov 16th, 2020
The Brick’s 50 DAYS OF GIFTAWAYS!
CASH TOWARDS 1 of 3 CARS and HUNDREDS OF ADDITIONAL PRIZES
August 1, 2021 – September 19, 2021 (“Contest Dates”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (the “Rules”)
- This Contest shall be conducted by The Brick Warehouse LP (“The Brick”) and its Sponsors [thebrick.com/50daysofgiftaways], for customers to enter at all Brick stores across Canada (excluding Quebec). An entrant shall be referred to as “You” or “Your”.
- The contest runs from August 1, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. to September 19, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. in the time zone in which You reside.
- No Purchase Entry method (“NPM”): If You are interested in winning any of the Prizes listed for that day (“Daily Prize”) or to enter to win a Grand Prize without purchase, You will need to refer to The Brick’s 50 Days of Giftaways landing page at thebrick.com/50daysofgiftaways and the follow the instructions for how to enter through Gleam per each day of the contest.
- You may enter up to one (1) time per entry method per Daily Prize, and one (1) time per entry method over the Contest Period per each Grand Prize.
- NOTE: An Entry must be made by You using Your Facebook or Instagram account. Entries made by any other individual or entity will be declared invalid. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. Any attempt to manipulate the Contest will result in You being disqualified. Any duplicate Entries will result in in You being disqualified.
- Odds of winning a Daily Prize decrease as the number of NPM Entries submitted during that day increase;
- Odds of winning a Grand Prize decrease as the number of purchases made or NPM Entries submitted during the Contest Dates increase.
- To be eligible to win a prize, You must: a) be a Canadian resident (excluding Quebec); b) have made a purchase at The Brick during the Contest Dates OR have complied with the NPM Entry; c) have kept Your purchase at the time of the Grand Prize Draw Date; d) have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which You reside on or before the date of Your purchase and/or NPM entry and; e) not be an employee of, or living with an employee of The Brick Warehouse LP; Gleam, the contest platform; and all Sponsors listed here [thebrick.com/50daysofgiftaways], (“Prize Sponsor”). You agree to abide by all federal, provincial and municipal laws and the Contest Rules as set out herein. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
3. CONTEST SCHEDULE and DAILY PRIZES:
Entries for each Daily Prize must be submitted pursuant to the daily submission method and received on the Date noted in the schedule below to be eligible for that daily draw (“Eligible Entries”). Any Entries received outside of each Date for Entry are not eligible for that draw.
4. Grand Prizes:
Grand Prize Details:
Total cumulative value of all Daily Prizes and the Grand Prizes is $645,661.30
Prizes must be accepted as awarded, may not be sold or transferred, and are not convertible to cash. Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable.
The Brick will arrange for delivery of the Prize to the Winner living within 50 km of a Brick store. Should the Prize winner live outside of the specified delivery area, The Brick will ship the Prize to the Distribution Centre/Store closest to them.
The Brick’s Satisfaction Guarantee, Price Guarantee and Price Protection policies as published from time to time shall not be applicable to these Prizes. The Brick’s liability for defective merchandise shall be limited to repairing defective or, where appropriate, to exchanging such defective goods within the manufacturer’s warranty period and in accordance with such warranties. In no case shall The Brick refund or otherwise compensate the winner beyond repairing or exchanging defective goods.
*Win your rent or mortgage: VERIFICATION PROCESS
An Eligible Winner whose name has been selected on the Draw Date must:
- If renting:
- i) Be over the age of majority in the province in which they reside;
- ii) Be able to prove they are currently renting a residence from an arm’s length landlord, to be confirmed to the satisfaction of The Brick in its sole discretion;
- iii) Provide proof of rental agreement and rental amount;
- If mortgage:
- i) Be over the age of majority in the province in which you reside;
- ii) Have a mortgage with a:
- a. Schedule 1 bank;
- b. CMHC Mortgage; or
- c. An arm’s length mortgage under terms, rates and conditions comparable to (a) or (b) above in The Brick’s sole discretion.
- iii) The Brick reserves the right to evaluate and quantify the mortgage based on reasonable terms and rates;
Should any Eligible Winner already own their own home, they will instead receive a $10,000 Brick Gift card.
5. DRAW PROCEDURES:
- On each Daily Prize draw date, a representative from The Brick’s Corporate Office in Edmonton, Alberta will initiate a random, computer generated draw from all Eligible Entries to obtain one (1) winner for each Daily Prize (“Eligible Winner”), to meet the quantity of Prizes allotted for that day. i.e. Five prizes = Five draws.
- On the Draw Date for the Grand Prizes, a representative from The Brick’s Corporate Office in Edmonton, Alberta will combine the eligible automatic purchase Entries and the NPM Eligible Entries and initiate a random, computer generated draw to obtain one (1) winner for each Grand Prize listed (also an “Eligible Winner”).
- The Brick representative will use all reasonable efforts to contact each Eligible Winner, provided that Eligible Winner has complied with all Rules. If the person so selected cannot be contacted within one (1) business day following the Draw Date (“Contact Date”), that person will be disqualified and The Brick will follow the process above to draw another Entry (“Alternate Winner”) and so on until contact has been made with each Eligible Winner or Alternate Winner.
6. PRIZE WINNERS:
- An Eligible Winner whose name has been selected on the Draw Date associated with their Prize must:
- Be over the age of majority in the province in which they reside;
- Within one (1) business day following the Contact Date, correctly answer a time-limited, arithmetical skill-testing question without the assistance of any person or mechanical/recording device(s). The skill-testing process shall be administered at a pre-arranged time and place;
- Execute a declaration and release form confirming compliance with the Official Contest Rules and acceptance of the Prize; and
- Should any Eligible Winner fail to answer the skill-testing question correctly or is unable to attend at the time and place designated by The Brick for the administration of same, that Eligible Winner shall be disqualified and the skill-testing question shall be administered to an Alternate Winner.
- By accepting the Prize the Winner agrees to The Brick’s use of their names, city, province or territory of residence and/or photograph for advertising and publicity purposes without compensation.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS:
- By participating, You agree that: a) these Official Contest Rules and The Brick’s records of the draw or any other aspect of this contest shall be final and conclusive in all respects; and b) release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless The Brick and its trustees, directors, officers, and employees from any liability, claims, damages, demands, actions, or causes of action whatsoever which they, their heirs, successors, assigns, executors, or administrators may now or hereafter have directly or indirectly against them or any of them in respect of or relating to the Contest and/or the acceptance or use, misuse, or possession of any prize.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- The Brick shall not be responsible for print or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials; for transactions that are posted late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. The Brick assumes no responsibility for any computer, online, software, servers, providers, computer equipment, hardware or technical malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry.
- This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram
- The Brick reserves the right to amend or vary the Official Contest Rules, including the imposition or addition of new rules which are deemed by The Brick in its sole discretion necessary for business efficacy.
- For a list of winners, provided such a demand is made within three (3) months following the last Draw Date, please email the request to: email@example.com and identify the appropriate contest “The Brick’s 50 Days of Giftaways”.
- The Brick’s records of the draw or any other aspect of this Contest shall be final and conclusive for all purposes relating to this Contest.