Current Contests at The Brick
Rules & Regulations
ebrick ™ Member Contest – Sign Up And Win! (the “Contest”)
January 1 – December 31, 2019 (“Contest Dates”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (the “Rules”)
This contest shall be conducted by The Brick Warehouse LP ("The Brick"), through its www.thebrick.com website. People may enter the contest from any computer with an internet connection, including computers at all Brick store locations across Canada (excluding Quebec) (individual stores and the website will be referred to individually as the "Location" and collectively these stores and the website will be called the "Locations").
1. How to Enter:
- No purchase is necessary in order to participate in this contest.
- To be eligible to win, each participant must subscribe to become an ebrick™ Member during the Contest Timeframe as (“new ebrick™ Member”). Once subscribed, their email address will be automatically entered into the draw for that calendar month.
- Only one entry per person. Alternate e-mail addresses with same personal information will be considered a duplicate entry and will be removed as an entry from the contest.
- Subject to compliance with the other rules and conditions of the contest, any new ebrick™ Member is eligible to win a prize on the first day of the following month that they entered.
- New ebrick Members will only be eligible to win a prize during the month they subscribed. They must also REMAIN an ebrick Member during the Contest Timeframe.
- Each draw shall be conducted on the first business day of the month (the “Draw Date”) at 3:00 PM (EST).
- Odds of winning a prize depend on the outcome of a random computer draw whereby one new ebrick™ Member will be selected from the total number of new ebrick™ Members who have entered the contest during each calendar month during the Contest Timeframe.
- The probability of winning decreases as the number of new ebrick™ Members increase during each particular Draw Date.
- The contest will run from 12:00 AM (EST) on January 1, 2019 until 11:59:59 PM (EST) on December 31, 2019.
2. Who Can Enter:
- The contest is open to all residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority on or before the Draw Date except employees of The Brick Warehouse LP, FKA (a third party vendor) and their immediate family members living in the same household.
- Participants agree to abide by the contest rules as set out herein, subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- It is a condition of eligibility that the winner authorizes The Brick to announce and publish his/her name, address and photograph, without remuneration or consideration, in any forthcoming publicity.
3. Monthly Prize:
- $250.00 Brick gift card each month ($3,000.00 to be won during the Contest Timeframe).
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable.
4. Draw Procedures:
- On the first day of the month, a representative from The Brick will generate an automatic draw to obtain one (1) winner. They will draw an additional three (3) names as back-up in the event the first potential winner cannot be contacted, has not remained an ebrick member, or fails to correctly answer the skill testing question, as per the contest rules.
- A representative from the Brick will use his/her reasonable efforts to contact the person named on the first entry form drawn for the prize. If the person so selected cannot be contacted within five (5) business days following the Draw Date, that person will be disqualified and The Brick shall proceed to contact the person named in the second entry form drawn, and so on until one person has been contacted and deemed eligible according to the contest rules.
5. Declaring Winners:
The Eligible ebrick™ Member whose name has been selected on the Draw Date must:
- Within five (5) business days following the Draw Date, correctly answer a time-limited, arithmetical skill-testing question without the assistance of any person or mechanical/recording device(s). The skill-testing process shall be administered at a pre-arranged time and place;
- Execute a declaration and release form confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the Prize; and
- Should any eligible winner fail to answer the skill-testing question correctly or is unable to attend at the time and place designated by The Brick for the administration of same, that person will be disqualified and The Brick shall proceed to contact the person named in the second entry form drawn, and so on until one person has been contacted and deemed eligible according to the contest rules.
- The Brick reserves the right to amend or vary the contest rules, including the imposition or addition of new rules which are deemed necessary for business efficacy.
- The Brick’s records of the winner selection process or any other aspect of this contest shall be final and conclusive for all purposes relating to this contest.
- The Winners’ names shall be available upon request from The Brick’s head office provided such demand is made within three months following the Draw Date.
Mississauga Brick Mattress Store Grand Opening (“Contest”)
Win 1 of 4 Cash Prizes
November 16, 2018 – December 30, 2018
Amendment: Due to the administration of the Contest, and the processing of Entries, The Brick has suspended the Contest for Draw # 3 & 4.
This Contest is conducted by the Brick Warehouse LP (“The Brick”) exclusively at its Mississauga Brick Mattress Store located at 3140 Argentia Road, Mississauga, ON (the “Store”)
To be eligible to enter, you must be at least nineteen (19) years of age. You are not eligible if, during the Entry Period, you are an employee or partner of The Brick or a member of the immediate family (defined as mother, father, brother, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife, regardless of where they reside) or household of any of the above persons, their respective affiliates, agents, licensors, associates, representatives and advertising agencies. If an individual meets the aforementioned requirements then they will be considered an “Eligible Entrant” for the purposes of this Contest. All decisions regarding eligibility to enter this Contest will be determined by The Brick in its sole discretion. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
3. NUMBER OF PRIZES AND CHANCES OF WINNING
Four (4) Prizes are available to be won during the entirety of the Contest. One (1) Prize will be one won following each Contest Timeline listed below. The chances of winning a Prize will depend on the number of Entries received during each Contest Timeline in accordance with these Official Rules. Your chances of winning decrease as the number of entry forms increase.
There are four (4) Cash Prizes to be Won, each Prize consisting of a $2,000.00 cheque. One (1) Prize has been allocated for each Contest Timeline, as set out in #6 below.
5. CONTEST PERIOD
This Contest commences on November 16, 2018 and closes on December 30, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
6. CONTEST SCHEDULE
Entries must be received within each of the Contest Timelines listed immediately below:
|Prize||Contest Timelines||Draw Date||Draw Times|
|1||November 16-18, 2018||November 19, 2018||11:00 a.m. EST|
|2||November 23-25, 2018||November 26, 2018||11:00 a.m. EST|
7. HOW TO ENTER
No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest. Eligible Entrants must attend the Store, test drive a Mattress and will then be eligible to enter the Contest by completing a ballot with the information requested thereon and putting it into the ballot box marked at the Store for that purpose.
There is a limit of one Entry per person, per each of the four Contest Timelines. Any attempt to manipulate the Contest will result in the disqualification of the Entry. Entries will only be accepted as stated above. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. No Entries will be accepted by any other means.
8. DRAW DETAILS
On each Draw Date and at the Draw Time, the Store Manager will make a random draw from all the Contest Entries submitted during that particular Contest Timeline to obtain one (1) Winner (“Eligible Winner”)
The Store Manager will use his/her reasonable efforts to contact the Eligible Winner by phone or email. If the Eligible Winner cannot be contacted within three (3) business days of the Draw Date, or should the Eligible Winner be unwilling, unable or ineligible to win the Prize as set out in these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and The Brick shall have the right to draw, an additional Entry (“Alternate Winner”). The “Alternate Winner” will be contacted by phone or email.
9. DECLARING WINNERS
The Eligible Winner whose entry form has been selected on the Draw Date must:
- within three (3) business days following the Draw Date, correctly answer a time limited, arithmetical skill-testing question without the assistance of any person or mechanical/recording device(s). The skill-testing process shall be administered at a pre arranged time and place; and
- execute a declaration and release form confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the Prize.
Should any Eligible Winner fail to answer the skill-testing question correctly or is unable to attend at the time and place designated by The Brick for the administration of same, that Eligible Winner shall be disqualified and the skill-testing question shall be administered to the Alternate Winner.
The Brick reserves the right to amend or vary the contest rules, including the imposition or addition of new rules which are deemed necessary for business efficacy.
The Brick’s records of the winner selection process or any other aspect of this contest shall be final and conclusive for all purposes relating to this contest.
The Winners’ names shall be available upon request from The Brick’s head office provided such demand is made within three months following the Draw Date.