Google Review – Win Your Purchase! (the “Contest”)
January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022 (“Contest Dates”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (the “Rules”)
This Contest shall be conducted by The Brick Warehouse LP ("The Brick"). A participant shall be referred to as “You” or “Your”. You may enter the Contest from any computer with an internet connection, including computers at all Brick store locations across Canada.
1. HOW TO ENTER:
- To be eligible to Win Your Purchase, You must firstly make a purchase at any Brick store across Canada during the Contest Dates and secondly, you must leave a review on Google about Your recent Brick purchase (“Google Review”).
- The Contest will run from 12:00 AM (EST) on January 1, 2022 until 11:59:59 PM (EST) on December 31, 2022 (“Contest Dates”).
- Subject to compliance with the other Rules and conditions of the Contest, You will only be eligible to Win Your Purchase during the month you submitted Your review.
No Purchase Necessary Method (“NPM”):
- You can leave a Google Review about Your recent experience in any Brick location.
- NOTE: The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. Any attempt to manipulate the Contest will result in You being disqualified.
- Each draw shall be conducted on the first day of the month (“Draw Date”) at 11:00 AM (MST) to obtain a winner from the prior month’s Google Reviews.
|January 1 – 31, 2022||February 1, 2022|
|February 1- 28, 2022||March 1, 2022|
|March 1 – 31, 2022||April 1, 2022|
|April 1 – 30, 2022||May 2, 2022|
|May 1 – 31, 2022||June 1, 2022|
|June 1 – 30, 2022||July 4, 2022|
|July 1 – 31, 2022||August 1, 2022|
|August 1 – 31, 2022||September 1, 2022|
|September 1 – 30, 2022||October 3, 2022|
|October 1 – 31, 2022||November 1, 2022|
|November 1 – 30, 2022||December 1, 2022|
|December 1 – 31, 2022||January 3, 2023|
- Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of Google Reviews submitted during that month. Odds decrease as the amount of Google Reviews increase.
2. WHO CAN ENTER:
- The Contest is open to all residents of Canada, including Quebec, who have reached the age of majority on or before the Draw Date except employees of The Brick and their immediate family members living in the same household.
- You agree to abide by the Contest Rules as set out herein, subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- It is a condition of eligibility that the winner authorizes The Brick to announce and publish his/her name, address and photograph, without remuneration or consideration, in any forthcoming publicity.
3. MONTHLY PRIZE:
- There will be a Win Your Purchase Winner drawn for each month of the Contest as per the Contest Schedule!
- Each Win Your Purchase Winner will have the full price of their purchase, including GST, HST and QST, as applicable, refunded to their original method of payment to a maximum of $1,000.00.
Note: The Brick will NOT refund any warranties, administration fees for deferring payment on Brick Card or delivery fees. Any Winner who paid by cash will receive a cheque which will be issued from The Brick’s Head Office in Edmonton, Alberta. If a Winner who paid by Brick card has already paid their balance on their Brick card by the Draw Date, they will be refunded their purchase price (to a maximum of $1,000) by cheque. A NPM participant will receive a $250 Brickcard.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable.
- Total maximum value of all Prizes over the course of the Contest is $12,000.00
4. DRAW PROCEDURES:
- On the first business day of each month as per the Contest Schedule, a representative from The Brick’s Corporate office in Edmonton, Alberta, will use a program to extract the email addresses of all Brick Google Reviews that have been submitted during the prior month, then draw and record two (2) Entry Forms to obtain one (1) winner (“Eligible Winner”). The additional entry drawn is a back-up entry in the event that the initial Eligible Winner is non-responsive after contact, fails to comply with the Contest Rules, or is unable to complete the skill-testing question (“Alternate Winner”).
- The Brick representative will use his/her reasonable efforts to contact the Eligible Winner via their Google Review after the Draw Date. If an Eligible Winner cannot be reached by this contact method or has not contacted The Brick within three (3) days of The Brick leaving messages to do so (“Contact Date”), then that person will be disqualified, and The Brick shall proceed to contact the Alternate Winner.
5. DECLARING WINNERS:
Each monthly Eligible Winner whose name has been selected on the Draw Date must:
- Within three (3) business days following the Contact Date, correctly answer a time-limited, arithmetical skill-testing question without the assistance of any person or mechanical/recording device(s). The skill-testing process shall be administered at a pre-arranged time and place;
- Execute a declaration and release form confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the Prize; and
- Should any Eligible Winner fail to answer the skill-testing question correctly or is unable to attend at the time and place designated by The Brick for the administration of same, that person will be disqualified and The Brick shall proceed to contact the next Alternate Winner, and so on until one person has been contacted and deemed eligible according to the Contest Rules.
6. ADDITIONAL TERMS:
- By participating, You agree that: a) these Official Contest Rules and The Brick’s records of the draw or any other aspect of this Contest shall be final and conclusive in all respects; and b) release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless The Brick and its trustees, directors, officers, and employees from any liability, claims, damages, demands, actions, or causes of action whatsoever which they, their heirs, successors, assigns, executors, or administrators may now or hereafter have directly or indirectly against them or any of them in respect of or relating to the Contest and/or the acceptance or use, misuse, or possession of any prize.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- The Brick assumes no responsibility or liability for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of a Google Review). If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of The Brick which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, The Brick reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- This Contest is not endorsed or sponsored by Google.
- The Brick reserves the right to amend or vary the Official Contest Rules, including the imposition or addition of new rules which are deemed by The Brick, in its sole discretion, necessary for business efficacy.
- For a list of winners, provided such a demand is made within three (3) months following each Draw Date, please email the request to: email@example.com and identify the appropriate contest in the subject line “Google Reviews – Win Your Purchase Contest – 2022”.
- For Québec Residents Only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
© 2022, The Brick Warehouse LP